Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our House, In the Middle of Our ... Our House It Has a Crowd

Well, this time my adventures were interesting, I was woken up to pounding on my door, I then opened and was immediately whisked (yes, whisked) away by my friends to the Texas State Fair. As anyone knows, when you proceed to go to the state fair, you leave any kind of health conscious diet at the front entrance. With every vendors idea that something can be fried, I saw chicken fried bacon (I love bacon but my arteries and heart were screaming at me), I decided that fried peanut butter and jelly and fried pizza were in order. This is where the the difference between boys and men are decided, yea, didn't quite get to the man up stage in the eating, I could not finish the HUGE pizza that was bathed in grease.

So, I did see some interesting things as well at the state fair. One item of interest for you music lovers was a little device called a boombox, this device was a speaker, no ordinary speaker, you plug it in to a normal headset jack and then stick this to any bucket, box, cup, bowl to then create a speaker out of it. The innovative thought of you bringing your music wherever you go is now reality kids, wait, it always has, but now you can have speakers that are anywhere, and it does work well. The salesman stated he would actually stick it on his tub in the hotel, yea, he got noise complaints.

To end the night, I went up to karaoke at Public House (Tuesdays @ 10p, come and have fun). There I am always having fun. The bartenders and staff are fun, they like to be involved and have a good time as well. Tanya and the rest of the guys took care of me and all my 100 plus other friends there as well last night. You can always have a good time and a good music there on Tuesdays with DJ Paul Andrews kiking off a good karaoke night.

So, what I learned yesterday is one, fried foods hate me along with frito pie, and not a great idea to go on rides afterwards. Two, karaoke will always end a night well. Three, there is some cool stuff at the fair no matter how old you are. Hope everyone has a great week and get out to the fair, go Texas, Hook 'Em Horns.

-Charlos
 And as always, tip your bartenders and servers, they are awesome and deserve something.

No comments:

Post a Comment