Friday, January 31, 2014

The New Year, a New Beer

So, I have been trying to sample some new beers lately, I have found that some of the ones I gravitate to are either wit beers or stouts, I have yet to try a sour beer, until now. I have been talking to some of the guys at East Side Social Club (ESSC) to see what these are about, I have also done some research on these.

Now sour beers tend to be sour but with a bit of sweetness, normally with some kind of fruit. They are unpredictable due to the nature of the brew process, which introduces outside strains of yeast. Now most brewers will tell you that is not a good thing, but for these, it helps their fermenting process. I understand many people are going to comment and say, "Why do you want that to happen?" My reply, "To make it tasty my friends, make it tasty."

Anyway, there are a few out there and some that you should try, ask some of my good friendly bartenders at ESSC or Oak Street Draft House and give some a try. Go against the norm of the beer taste, see what else is out there. There is a growing popularity to these due to the likeness to wines and how they age and get better.

Remember, always tip your bartender.

No comments:

Post a Comment