Friday, October 18, 2013

The Whiskey Side

So, I have been out to the East Side Social Club where I decided to try a good whiskey and some scotch. Well, that had some pretty good conversation. We had a few that were interesting.
 One was a peaty, earthy taste called Laphorig 18 year. That was a tasty one, I sat with it for a bit just sipping it. The other two, which I went back later with my wife and had, was the Angel's Envy Whisky, one was the Port and the other was the Rum. The port cask has a bit of a sweeter taste, but the rum had a good bite to it. Something I would try again.

So, if you are looking to get into Scotch or whisky, check out the East Side Social Club for a bit of a lesson. I would recommend during the day, it is better to ask questions and the bartenders will be more focused on the questions you have rather than trying to ask during a rush (they will be more annoyed with you if you do this). So, be mindful of the other patrons, but if you are looking for something different, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment