Sunday, October 2, 2011

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy

Well people, tonight was an interesting night, decided to go with my co conspirator to see how a place outside of Denton could stand up to our style of party. Well, that did not go well. We started at Denim and Diamonds, a country bar in Addison, well, let me say, the atmosphere was not as what I had hoped and the drink specials were the same. I was hoping that there would be at least a small drink special there to promote an opening month, this was the disappointment. The atmosphere was somewhat of city trying to be country, it was frightening, girls with boots but not knowing what to do in them it seemed. There were some dancers for the country but most of the dancers were there when the club music came on. I did not enjoy this experience, everyone seemed as if they were trying hard to be country, you know those people. I felt like I was walking into a strip club with a dance floor, it was uncomfortable for those of you who are not the city dwellers that need to be out to be seen. A cheers was overheard saying "Cheers to not this bar." This was the perfect statement about this place.

The night progressed to Rockin' Rodeo, this is the place I have come to love, country girls having a good time and wanting to dance, to everything. I am not saying that club style music is bad, just that if you are a country bar, people should go to dance to country. Denim and Diamonds could take some advice from Rockin' Rodeo with the atmosphere, specials, and good time had by all. Not just girls sitting around needing to be seen and wearing the bedazzled belt buckle, come on ladies. 

Overall, once again, Denton has proven that they have a party and have fun when we can. Still going to always support my local charities, my bartenders and servers here in Denton. Thank you Rockin for a great night and a fun time had by all. 

And as always, remember to contribute to your favorite charity, your local bartenders and servers and tip, this is what they work for and what you should expect to do.

-Charlos
dentoncitynights.com

No comments:

Post a Comment