Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Denton Top 3: Hangouts

I am back, and I have been thinking about this for a while and thought I needed to express my confusion with what ideas keep coming out for restaurants in Denton yet they keep doing horribly. With the closings of Gold Mine Barbecue and Café Herrera as the latest victims, I start to wonder if people are just throwing out these concepts and thinking that the Dentonites will just flock to it if it looks cool or sounds interesting. I get a little upset that they think we as Dentonites are that mindless sheep. I digress, I just thought why not some of these ideas to fill those spaces.


#3 Tapas Restaurant:

So, there are a few out there, yet Denton does not have a great tapas restaurant on the square, it would work well, it would be fun, interesting, and a place like that would be nice on the square. With the small amounts of food and good clean cooking, someone could open a fun and great place that would cater to an upscale yet affordable food. You feel as if you are in a fancy place when you eat there yet you can have a lot of different menu items at a low price. Bringing your friends can be especially fun to share plates and get some different food.


#2 An English Pub: 


I think there should be a English pub that has more of a low key atmosphere. Somewhere there is not
loud music where you are having to scream to try and talk, Somewhere nice, quaint, and quiet that you can have a conversation and a drink. I know there are bars out there, but I would like a place that is more like a pub that is where you can hold a conversation. 


#1 Jazz and Blues Lounge:

This one is a given, with Denton being one of the places where jazz is a staple and blues has a place in the heart of all Dentonites, this is something that should be considered due to the UNT influence to jazz and legendary blues artists from this area including Tom "Pops" Carter. Now, I refer to a LOUNGE for a reason, there are bars out there, and there was an attempt at this a little while back, yet it went out of business due to other issues, I think it would work well if it was done well and managed properly. Something that brings a feel of the old jazz bars with a band and a small dance floor, with bands on a stage. 



These are just my opinion, but I think these are solid ideas for any young entrepreneur ready to make Denton city lights shine. Just some ideas that I think could work, comment if you have any suggestions that would be a good concept that you would like to see. 

And as always, when you are out, tip your waitstaff and bartenders, they work hard so you can have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment